View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettUA View Post
^^ agreed, and one of my all-time favorite sports families(Griffeys)

Watch baseball's power hitters, and you'll see more of the same that you see from the best in disc golf. Imagine these guys throwing discs:

-- Legs drive forward, moving all that stored energy of your body weight toward the target.

-- Hips blast through, using the biggest/most muscles at once.

-- Arms/elbows/wrists/hands come through at the end, in that order, and at the highest speed.

-- Follow through with your whole body.

Biggest differences are that baseball players have to have their eyes forward before they start their swing, and often they have to abandon their swing mechanics to chase a moving baseball with a wooden stick.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
It was interesting watching those baseball swings and some of those aren't that great. Ken Griffrey Jr has always been my favorite player and always had the sweetest smoothest swing, reminds me of Steve Brinster. Griffey also keeps his stance more closed before the weight transfer, he falls butt first and gets more squat and looks more like a golfer than the others.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.