Thread: Sidearm Lever
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am watching this video and am liking it very much, but I am wondering about some different information I have received.

I recently went to a putting clinic that Paul McBeth did here and his putting information was a bit different from Nikko's in this video. Paul DOES put his finger on the rim of the disc, as you can see in these ads on this and Innova's website. Although Mr. Feldberg says not to do that in this video. Also I'm not sure if Paul said anything about opening your hand instead of trying to move your wrist a bit. I thought it was just a slight snap of the wrist, but maybe I don't recall that part of the lecture. McBeth said to generate momentum by bringing your weight to your back foot and then shifting it forward while putting. I don't think anything was said about lifting your back leg to counter-balance. I am interested in trying Nikko's methods to see how I can improve my technique.

Also, Dave Feldberg says when throwing powergrip backhand to flatten your thumb against the top of the disc. I recently watched a Nate Doss video where he says not to do that. I know that everyone is different and has their own strengths and styles, but I am just wondering if this stuff really makes a huge difference.

It's wet outside today so I'll have to wait to try these techniques for myself.