View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKNate View Post
Have had my Ergo and been able to play several rounds with it. It feels phenomenal on the back with weight distribution. It is definitely a back saver for longer rounds and tournaments. The bottom material, like said before, is questionable. I'll probably get some liner for it as well. The side zippered pockets are almost not even worth putting there. You can fit your phone in one and... that's about it. They are so shallow you can't really fit too much else.

I tuck the tongue into the big pocket and use that pocket to put my wallet/keys/extra towel and whatnot. The one thing i dont like, however, is the rainfly. Imo the rainfly should be sewn to the bag in the pocket where it stores and the hood should branch off that. So you dont HAVE to put the hood on for the bag to be covered properly and taught. A DOWNPOUR hit on Saturday and i gave up figuring out how to put the damn thing on and just took off running and the rainfly was like a cape. hah.
I definitely agree about the rainfly. Mine came off in the middle of a round, and I realized I needed to really put the elastic around the bag for it to stay on well. I never thought I'd ever use it (hate playing in the rain and don't compete so why do it, right?) so I was caught with my pants down for the most part. After working with it at home, I was a little more confident about the next time I'm caught out in a downpour.

As for the side pockets, they will stretch. I can keep my phone and bi-fold wallet in one side, and my keys in the other. The wallet was a tight fit at first. I would really like to see him add some more fabric to them to increase the utility of them a little more. It wouldn't even kill the slim look much either.