Thread: [Innova] The Tern!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Some Tern 1st impressions

I've been on a discing down adventure for the past few months - nothing faster than speed 8-9 (whatever MVP fairways are). The last D driver I'd ordered before this was a 166 Champ Tern. And so it sat, waiting it's turn. Finally, last weekend, I broke out unthrown 163 Lace action along with the Tern, mostly out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised with both and with the extra distance overall. Previously, I couldn't count on D drivers to give me any extra D at all, so I took them out and worked on form - a lot. Putting them back in, I can now see an appreciable increase and will be hard pressed to keep them out at this point. Frankly, I can't decide which I like better so both are in for further testing. If the Champ Tern really is -2/2, then the Lace feels like -3/2. I did find I turned my Tern over pretty hard in a headwind, my Shock easily blew by it on a frozen rope. I love the plastic and feel though, so I want to give it a fair shake to make the cut. Overall, color me impressed.