View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
About a month ago we were playing the Simsbury course in Pickerington, OH, and on hole 18 we saw a skunk lumbering across the fairway. Well, I happened to throw my disc into the edge of the rough on the side that the skunk went to. When I was looking for my disc I asked my brother's dog to find it. She is an Australian Cattle Dog and she finds all of our lost discs. However, my disc was pretty close to the edge of the rough and it took me just a second to find it.

But... pup went back into the woods where she wasn't supposed to go. I kept calling her but she often doesn't listen to me so I finally told my brother to call her. Wouldn't you know it, I smelled a skunky smell upon her arrival.

Pup got skunked! Her eyes were watering, she was drooling, she had a sneezing fit and eventually started rubbing her face against the ground trying to alleviate the situation. Although she didn't smell THAT bad, we are thinking that she ran through some brush or something that the skunk sprayed. But it was right on her face and she smelled weird (I think it smelled like burnt rubber) for a few days. She's ok now but you can still smell it when she gets wet, which is curious to me. She's a lil stinker!