View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate View Post
It came to my mind that when we hit a tree and chip a disc the plastic is then left somewhere in nature. As we beat up our trusty discs, those little chunks of plastic must go somewhere in the world and this is an unfortunate truth for our game. I never thought about it until now but we all like a nicely beaten disc and this comes with a virtually unseen pollution.

I detest littering and it never crossed my mind that pieces of our discs are out there on our favorite courses just sitting for all eternity. I wish there was something we could do about this and as many disc golfers are Earth-friendly I think we all can agree. We don't intend to pollute with our disc shavings but it happens, regardless. It would be nice if discs were somehow Green, but I have no idea how that would work.

So anyway, I just wanted to bring this problem to attention. During my last round there was trash everywhere on my favorite course, literally within 50 feet of a trash can in most cases. I absolutely cannot stand litter and now I have to disc knowing that little pieces of my discs are going to be stuck in nature forever
Weirdo