Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveThrower43 View Post
Hawk Hollow

Flyboy

Old Brackett's Bluff

Castle Hayne

Bradford
-------------------------------------------------------

Probably a topic for another thread but I'd recommend that anyone citing the old Brackett's, should go back out and try the new Brackett's (again and again). The old course took a hit when it lost those holes. (old 13 remains the favorite disc golf hole I've ever played) However Dave is constantly improving the place. Like - every time I'm out there I see new amenities (and sometimes new holes). Abandoning the course now is like going out to any other course when the grass is tall and saying you'll never play there again. Brackett's has great holes, great variety, and a great vibe. It may not be at its peak at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up better than ever with the constant improvements.
Some people also dislike the pay-to-play format, but I see the money going into the course every time I'm out there. If anything, they should install a donation cooler so we can drop off a six pack for all of the hard work.
I'd hate for disc golf road trippers to skip this course because it's different than it used to be. It's still a pretty impressive place.

So I agree with Brackett's, and also Bradford. It'll never be an all-day-challenge kind of course, but it's everything you could ask for in a mostly par three. It's another course that could use a donation cooler.

Last three - Sugaree (RIP), Bengal Ridge (in Idaho, so just as inaccessible as Sugaree), and Humboldt State.