View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
1. Maple Hill. Multiple tee pads and baskets on every hole. Four very different configurations. Excellent design. Perfect combination of everything you'd want in a great course: elevation, woods, open, water carries, natural beauty. More signature holes than any other course I've played.

2. Conifer. Great design, with multiple options on many holes. Lots of memorable holes. Big elevation changes that are used well. Natural beauty.

3. Meadow Ridge. Great design that forces a lot of different skills. Nice elevation changes. Plenty of fun holes.

4. Whistler's Bend. One of the prettiest courses I've played. Hole 14 is among the more famous holes in the game and lives up to the hype with a huge shot off a hill (I caught a nice wind once and through past the hole, around 700 feet, despite never throwing over 350 on flat ground). Good mix of holes. The only knock on it is the final 4 holes are a let down.

5. Lake Casitas. California beauty. Dry, rolling hills. Again, nice design with some lines you need to hit on many holls. Big elevation changes. Water comes into play during the wetter season.

My list may change a lot in the next month, as I'll be visiting Blue Ribbon Pines, High Bridge Hills, Magic Meadows, Bailey, and maybe Flip City if I'm lucky (big road trip).