View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
1. Idlewild- Nothing more you can ask for in a course. Such a wide variety of shots are needed. HUGE variety of distances. Unique holes. Amazing par 4s and par 5s. Turf greens, creeks and ponds, it's got it all.
2. Lincoln Ridge- Great use of hills, wooded and open holes, It has moderately wooded, average length holes in the beginning, heavily wooded shorter holes in the middle of the round, and longer open holes towards the end. Some very unique hole designs and great use of creek. Lacking: Pure awesomeness of Idlewild.
3. Charlie Vettiner- The best technical course I have ever played, including one of the best holes in #18 (U-turn hole). Requires great shot shaping, and it's very straight-forward. You have a tunnel to throw through, and if you hit it, you have a birdie putt, if you miss you're scrambling for par. I like that in a course.
4. Freeman Lake- Length at it's best. It will look very open, but most holes have a few trees that are very strategically placed. Some of the coolest pin locations I've seen, including a peninsula green. Greatest use of water on any course i have ever played.
5. Kereiakes- Very different course than any I have ever played. Lots of evergreens that just kill your discs (and hopes at par) if you get in them. Actual rough, causes run up problems if you get off the fairway, which kind of plays as the line of trees on the sides of the holes, since this area doesn't have heavy woods.