View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
You live 5 mins from there, why would you suppose more people haven't played and reviewed it yet?
Most of the people I know who have played it are members from discgolfscene and are not dgcr members. Same thing with my course, Tomahawk Park. Not that we have anything against anyone here, it's just that we meet and know a lot more locals who will drive out to the sticks who are only on dgscene.

In reality, we are just regular joes, with regular jobs, who just happen to love dg and own enough land to have their own private course. With work, family, and other obligations, finding time to even play is limited. Add in finding time to mow/maintain and all I can really offer the public is a chance to join us on monday nights for our league. We don't make a dime from dg but enjoy sharing it with others.

We're not quite in the same league as Flip City or Addison Oaks, but are slowly getting there and add our own unique flavor to the disc golf experience. You could always check my course out at our league on monday nights (only 3 weeks left) at 6pm. After Labor Day, most of my free time will be focused on building other courses before winter settles in.

Last edited by donnyv; 08-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.