View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
If I want to throw an anhyzer that will curve in a nice ark do I want a stable disc? Overstable?

I played from the back tees in my second round today I had a shot where I threw my Legacy Patriot a little anhyzer but at the end it straightend out on me. RHFH. It was too far to throw RHBH for me.

Would the Rival been a better choice or was it my throw that did that. Wind was tricky all day coming from all sorts of directions.
I'm not very familiar with Legacy discs but I'll try and help you out. There are some advantages to throwing a stable or overstable disc on an anhyzer as opposed to a more conventional understable disc. Generally, the left to right action (for RHBH) is much less pronounced and gradual, so for those holes that gradually track to the right it can be the right line. I'm talking about a fairway shaped more like '(' as opposed to 'C' (think of the classic RHBH turnover hole). The length of the bend/hole is going to determine how overstable you want that disc b/c you need a disc that doesn't fight out of the anny before you want it to (or at all). Other variables would be height (if a disc is fading back too soon, try throwing lower to reduce the amount of time it has to fade back), the degree of anhyzer needed, and the power needed to hold that line.

A really nifty line that involves throwing an overstable disc anny is for short 'S' shaped fairways (RHFH or backwards 'S' for RHBH). Basically you throw a really short flex shot/helix/S-curve. These are great for landing a driver flatter and more predictably near the basket by reducing the tendency of the driver to skip and flare wildly.