View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Whose job is the upkeep?

Whose job is it to upkeep a course? I ask because once again, there is an issue with my local course. I found out that the course is city property, yet, since apparently I am the only person that ever uses the course, the city has decided to just...let it go? The course is entirely grown up (and not just in an obstacle kind of way..in the way where you HAVE to walk through 2-3 foot tall grass/bushes etc to get to the tee pad) I lost a disc today, and that pissed me off, mainly because it didn't go into a lake, or into deep woods. No, I lost it probably within 10 feet of the basket. (I watched it go down) but the weeds and grass are so grown up I looked for HOURS and couldnt find it(It was that neon orange color too!). I tried to continue my round, but 12 of the 18 holes were practically unplayable! Every throw I made, id have to spend 15 minutes trying to find the disc! So annoying and really ruined the round for me. Then I lost another disc in another group of bushes, got fed up, stopped my game, trimmed up the bushes and pulled the weeds in that area myself for about 45 minutes until I finally found my disc (still never found the first one)

I am very hesitant about continuing to play here if Im going to lose discs constantly because of the lack of upkeep. I would think the city was supposed to do it, but Im guessing they just don't care enough. Am I really going to have to do this myself? Its a ton of work for one person...