View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Dude, Petersburg is only 20 minutes from Vincennes and Prides Creek is immaculate.

Also, you can make the trip to Evansville and Henderson. Lots happening down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountg View Post
So...I went to the course today to search for my disc some more today, and As I pulled up, the Parks and Rec truck was leaving but I couldn't stop them in time to talk. They didn't do anything today so Im guessing (hoping) they were at least scoping out the situation. The problem is the overgrowth is literally too much for just me to fix myself. I don't have the time nor equipment for such an undertaking. These are JUNGLE-LIKE fairways. I took it upon myself to remove ONE huge bush the other day and that took like 30-45 minutes (no equipment like i said, had to pull it out peice by peice by hand) and that was probably 1/50th of what actually needs done. The pictures on this site look way better maintained than it is now, So I know it has been done at some point, But Right now the course plays like this...

Hole1- Good. (In the park area still)
Hole 2-3 -Still Good, could use mowing but still playable and not bad at all.
Hole 4-5 -Absolutely HORRIBLE. Even a good throw gets lost here if it isn't an ace.
Hole 6 - Starts in a mowed area, ends in a mowed area, but your shooting over high grass, eh.
Hole 7 -Good. (My favorite Hole.) (back in the park area so its maintained.)
Hole 8- Good. Could use some mowing but its not even worth it, its good enough.
Hole 9- Good in theory, but a bad shot is killer punishment. Its open enough but an anny will lose a disc for hours.

10-18 are alternate tees for the first 9, although 18 is at a worse spot for losing discs than 9.

So 4,5,13,14,18 are all dreadful to play. 6 and 15 need work, but its not the end of the world with them.