View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Only thing you may need to consider is wind. I havent thrown peedees, but from what I hear they hold up better than a saint. My saints are my favorite drivers, but anything over 10mph head/crosswind, im considering throwing a different disc or shot.
We had some pretty good winds the other day and the Opto Saint held it's own pretty good in the wind. The Gold Line did great as well,but it shown a little turn before fading out.

At the moment I'm gonna take the PD's out of the bag,just to see if I miss them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
I would imagine the pds would be better for the wind. ^beat me to it.

I do really like my Saint so far. I think the seasoned TL comparison is closest, which is what I'm trying to replace. At my paltry 325-345' it is not very flippy.
The Gold Line Saint does feel like it will be like a faster TL when seasoned. It's going to be a great disc for sure once beaten in a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake78 View Post
I am carrying an S-PD and a Saint. S-PD is definitely better in a headwind. IMHO they compliment each other very well in a bag.

I could imagine though that a particularly beefy Saint and a well-seasoned S-PD might get a bit closer
The Saint I have in Opto is pretty dang beefy and I've been putting some mustard on my Opto and it will not turn over. My furthest shot with the Opto is around 395ft,which surprised the heck out of me considering it's a 9 speed disc.

All 3 of my PD's are pretty seasoned. They are at the point where the flights will not change on these discs,unless I run them over with a car or something. lol. As I mentioned earlier I will take the PD's out just for a bit to see if I miss them or not.