View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I still prefer to be able to watch my discs fly to be able to compare distances on discs, be able to see how discs preform on various angles/line, I'm able to see if i messed up easier, the extra walking is good exercise, I usually smoke cigarettes while I practice so the extra walking gives me time to do so & I just love watching discs fly. I could see some advantages to what your doing though, like you said you get more throws off in a shorter amount of time & if you were just working on your run-up then I could see this as a good alternative t always having to walk & get your discs. I personally use mostly Soccer fields or a big open area at a local course.
Sometimes I feel that being able to watch my discs fly distracts me, and actually harms my ability to concentrate on proper throwing mechanics. At the cage, I don't care, or even really know how far/hard I'm throwing; I do know if I'm throwing it the way I planned to, though.

Also, I might get a "down the line" view of my throws from in front the next time I get some film. I could also probably make someone climb the posts that hold the net up for a bird's eye ... that'd be mean, though ...