View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I know a lot of people like football fields, or soccer fields, or pretty much anywhere else you can go have a nice wide-open space to chuck discs. Where do you go, and why do you go there?

I started out going to a football field mostly; the measurements already being there was nice. It's usually mowed (even in the off-season). Mine has concrete behind both end zones (a long jump runway and a high jump pad).

Recently, though, I discovered a net batting cage. It is AWESOME!!! 600+ throws in 2 hours; where else can you do that? It's a tunnel shot that doesn't wreck your discs if you miss. Decent footing everywhere ... just everything I ever wanted out of a practice spot. Other than being able to tell where your disc would have gone (how far, how much fade, etc.), but that doesn't matter that much, right?
Yeah I've been thinking it would be cool to get some kind of net to throw into.

Quote:
I guess I didn't mention that I have 2 baskets in my yard; about 200' between the 2, and about 10' total elevation change. My main practice basket has 4-10' of fall from the high side to low side of the 10m circle. I like being able to practice moderately uphill and downhill putts.
I wish I had the yard space for this!

Quote:
Sometimes I feel that being able to watch my discs fly distracts me, and actually harms my ability to concentrate on proper throwing mechanics. At the cage, I don't care, or even really know how far/hard I'm throwing; I do know if I'm throwing it the way I planned to, though
I agree, it's easily to tell when you've had a good throw and when youve had a bad throw. Where did you find the net, and how much was it?