View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
I think it's sometimes easy to forget how young Matty is due to how good of a player he is. I would like to think I have grown up to be a really well-adjusted adult, but I know I would cringe at my attitude or my actions from when I was 15 and having a bad day at something I really cared about. Matty is a great kid -- a generous person and a good friend. His mental game will continue to get better as time goes by, I think.
I certainly hope so, and my original post I referrenced my own lack of mental strength - even as an adult. That goes a long way to player development, a weak mind held my game back for 10-15 years... Never know when/if that will develop.

I also specifically mentioned 3 other young men that have their game and heads together already... Austin and both Winward boys seem to have that part of the game down, amazing for youth to be so solid mentally IMO.

But Matty did not have that characteristic last I saw him, though he definately has the game. Seen him light up a very tough course so much so that many questioned his shaving strokes... I seriously doubt he did, but that is how hot & cold he can play. His metnal strength could improve, might already be heading that way as I personally haven't played with him in just over a year now.
I hope so much that he develops into a great player, his mom takes him everywhere to play. Great to see the support and good parenting, that's always a good thing.