View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
What hole had your number today?

There are days where a hole just kicks your butt, be it at a course you've never visited before or one you've played a hundred times. This thread is for commiseration purposes. Plus, I always like to see the challenges that others face out on the course.

For me today it was City Park hole 7.

The basket is to the right of the big oak in the center of the picture, almost dead ahead. What makes this hole so difficult is the pin placement (very close to the oak's branches) and the OB (sidewalk running the right side). It's very hard to anny around the left of the tree in front of the tee hard enough to avoid the obstacles to the left without ending up OB. Flex shots are hard both for the low ceiling and for the branches waiting to engulf your disc if it flexes back too hard. Hyzering around the tree is tough unless you totally layup, mostly for the low ceiling. Today I let a good 10 shots rip on this without being truly satisfied with any of the outcomes; my best shots were annys with a Tangent that ended up just OB. It's a fun hole, but was frustrating the hell out of me today.