Old 09-30-2013, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscHurler View Post
Sadly no putt.

www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/802-basic-rules-of-play/80205-holing-out

For casual play on my home course, whenever that happens, we usually remark that it's not in but count it as if it were.
^ this is the rule as it stands now - why shouldn't it apply?
IMO, a disc that falls through the top is no different than DROT = not in. Count those, and you really should count DROT's as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
That rule presents some subjective difficulties when the target is hidden from view...or heck, even when it is in plain view for longer shots. The whole idea behind having baskets rather than object targets is to eliminate subjectivity; is it not?
I understand your point, but it's the same as a disc that enters through the side of the basket (wedgies)... If you don't see how it enters (on a blind hole or whatever), the assumption is it entered the basket in the most likley way - by passing over the vertical edge of the basket into the chains/tray, rather than assuming it entered through the top or side.

However, when it's observed to have entered "illegally," there's nothing to assume - it's not in.
Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-30-2013 at 01:38 PM.