View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to billtvshow
Finally got my first real ace today after 6.3 years. I had aced an 85' hole earlier this year on nothing more than a pitch and putt course we have nearby, but didn't really think of it as a legit ace. The one I hit today was at Bethel Park DGC in Morganton, NC - Hole 7, 243' (sign incorrectly reads 220'). I was really fortunate in that I had one witness, who happened to be walking across the footbridge behind me at the time and witnessed the whole thing from start to finish and agreed to sign my disc. The hole is absolutely wide open in the middle of a field. There was a pretty brisk crosswind from right to left. Disc was an Innova R-Pro Bulldog. The shot was on a sort of mid to low trajectory with a pretty good hyzer angle on it. I aimed slightly right of normal for the wind and it just carried the disc right back in.
I had hit every conceivable piece of the basket up to this point without getting one to actually stick. Had a dead center crash out on the 448' 12th hole at South Mountain in Bostic, NC earlier this year with a D4 and was thinking I might go forever without getting one at that point. Nice to get the monkey off my shoulders. Time for the floodgates to open hopefully, lol.