View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
I lost a disc (cool orange Vibram Trak) about a month ago while playing a round with my 2.5yo son. On #17 at Highlands of Conway I threw a really nice drive that nicked a tree, changing its course by about 35 degrees to the left. I watched it miss every other freaking tree in the forest and careen downhill into a slightly swampy area. OK, should be find-able. As we are walking to look for it, my son says "Dad, I have a poopy!"

Since I drive by the course at least twice a day, I figure screw it, I'll take the kid off course and deal with him and come back another day and look for it. Life being what it is, I just haven't had time to get over and look for it. Every morning when we drive by, my son asks me "Daddy, you find your disc yet?".

Earlier this week, I get an email from a guy, he found the disc. I tell him the story, and how happy I will be to tell my son I got the disc back. We met up today so I could get it. Since I work for a brewery, I rewarded him with some of our Porter (which the guy says is his favorite), and one of these:

I get to make my son happy, thank the guy for seeking me out, and promote the brewery at the same time. What's not to like?