View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 118
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
So, I am a college baseball player and a disc golfer. I tore my labrum pitching and had surgery on July 12th. I have begun to start lightly tossing and started a baseball throwing program and have been following my protocol to a T. But I realized that there is no protocol on how to get back into disc golf. I was a fairly competitive intermediate player before my surgery and threw forehand 98% of the time. Does anybody have any experience in coming back from labrum and rotator cuff surgery and getting back into disc golf?
I have zero experience with this, but I would think that once you're 100% cleared for baseball (no limitations, no setbacks), you should be good to go for disc as well. Best bet is to talk to your doctor or your trainer/physical therapist to find out if there is anything more you should be doing in your rehab protocol to account for throwing discs. My guess is anyone here with experience rehabbing their shoulder to disc golf shape did so with a rehab regime set up with throwing discs in mind, so their advice will come from that experience.