View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill4mation View Post
How does a Champ Tern fly for you guys throwing at 350ft of power and what weight are you throwing?
I throw a 175 Climo Tern and a 171 Champ Tern, in addition to my max weight Star Tern.

There are very subtle differences between the Climo and the Champ, but the Champ is also a first run and has been in my bag since release day. The Climo Tern has a nice, subtle high speed turn with a moderate fade. Killer glide, of course, but still finishes left (RHBH).

The regular Champion Tern has more turn, but not significantly more. The fade is more or less the same. The difference is I can put a touch of hyzer on it and get a laser beam with very little fade for a distance driver. When I do it with the Climo, I get the same lazer beam but it hooks up far more at the end of the flight.

I use the regular Champ for long, sweeping anhyzers that hold the line all the way. The Climo fights out just a little bit at the end...moreso if I put more height on it, obviously. I can also do an odd little flex shot with the Climo Tern where I put a touch of anny on it and it turns right by a good amount but still comes back at the end...but finishes to the right of where I released it. Not a common shot at all, but cool to have when I need it.

Hope that helps!