View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
I couldn't disagree more with everyone who liked the video. The production value was higher that what we ususally get, but without hole by hole coverage the video doesn't really do a great job of showing the skill required to play the game at the level those guys play at. I'd like to see distances, comments on disc selection, etc. This highlight reel just looked like a bunch of dudes tossing frisbees around near water.
To be fair, this video is definitely targeted at people who don't understand (and obsess) over the game like DGCR folks. This is not a bad thing. Highly edited, slick production, multiple storylines, etc. Great for trying to keep the attention of somebody that doesn't care about disc selection, distance and whatnot.

However, it would be VERY nice if the USDGC would take the time to release a relatively 'raw' version for those of us that just want to see the discs flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Also, in the YouTube comments, I LOL at the random morons who complain about the blank spaces in the video. Apparently people don't know what a TV spot is.
Its a valid complaint. 2 minutes in an editing program and those black spaces are gone. Very unprofessional to leave them in before uploading to Youtube. Especially when the rest of the product looks so polished.

Last edited by Anon; 11-30-2013 at 08:56 AM.