View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
I was playing a course in NorCAL, just the day before we had seen a black bear on the course, which was sweet. But this next day we are walking along and hear a car door slam above us. On the hillside all I can see is flashes of black coming down the hill in a hurry, you could hear it coming. Immediately I'm thinking the car has scared this bear, and though not dangerous, a 200 lb animal is tearing towards me and doesn't realize we are there. And he is already right on top of us. Thought for sure this is what's going on. I jump out and start waving my hands and yelling "WHOA BEAR! WHOA BEAR!" Don't know why it just is what you do when there's a bear. I'm yelling, my girlfriend is got a death grip on my arm and then!... A fracking black lab comes bursting out of the trees right in front of us. That stupid dog almost killed me!! Scared the hell out of us, I thought we were going to get ran down my a giant squirrel.

Not as intense but also playing at the curtain in Humboldt I was walking towards some brush that my disc was presumably in, when a homeless kid jumped out of the bushes with a sheepish look on his face pulling his pants up. I didn't really smell anything, so I don't now what he was doing