View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyWilliams View Post
During a doubles event last year I was up on the box first and hadn't played this new pin location. The pin sits at about 360' with two very large guardian trees blocking a straight shot. The wind was gusting 10mph or so from right to left and from the Tee the pin is off to the left at about 10:30.

I debate on which option I should take with my partner. He suggests a very wide line on hyzer angle with my fastest driver. This line makes the shot a little over 400' now. This line wouldn't make sense if we didn't have the wind blowing in our favor, the disc should get a big push left once it starts to lose spin.

I execute the shot, It appears my angle and line are ideal for the birdie. The disc slows down and the wind pushes it hard to the left. SMASH! Center chains, into the bucket, then my disc toilet bowls around the cage and flops out the back.

The dudes are still uttering nice shot as I fall backward onto the grass. My partner starts his run up the moment I'm out of his way. He matches the line and angle my shot had. The wind carries the disc the same way it carried my shot. SMASH! ACE!
Someone left the ace door open.