View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Moderate Superator

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Playing a little course about 1/2 drive from where my brother lives called Idle Hour Lake in a place called Altamont, KS. Wound up being a really good layout/design. I was one over par up to hole #11. If you look at the pic on the course description you can see the stand of trees that are at the corner of the lake. I was debating between my Wahoo and the unLace. It's a 277' hole that should have been a cakewalk. It hadn't been too windy that day so I felt confident choosing the unLace. The following events are best described as freakish. The unLace was taking its predictable pattern to the basket when what must have been a hot gust of wind out of the depths of Hell pushed the disc UP and it stalled. I watched in horror as the disc started to come down with the other players ewwing and awwing. As I walked to the top of the levy all I could see was the dying ripples of a disc cut down in its prime. Easily 20-30 feet of water. The water had to be 40 degrees otherwise I would have stripped down and jumped in to save it. Alas to fill the void that the unLace's passing had left in my heart and bag I decided to turn to Vibram for solace and adopted his baby brother the new Glow unLace with a promise to NEVER let him close to the water.