View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedwraith View Post
My first ace disc was lost this past summer. It was a first run pink star destroyer all beat to hell.. or should I say, perfectly beat to hell.

Hole 13 @ F. Burton Smith in Cocoa, FL. Somewhat narrow fairway consisting of a park service road with thick foliage on both sides. The fairway has a cabbage palm on the left side of the fairway about halfway down and then another small clump of cabbage palms and brazilian pepper trees a little further down. Basket was in the right side placement which has an area that opens up a bit.

My disc had a nice line down the left side of the fairway and it passed the first cabbage palm to the left side of it and kept going but we never saw it fade right like back across the fairway like it should have. Never heard a noise, never found it in any of the cabbage palms or bushes.. I went back and searched until I ran out of daylight. I came back 2 more times that week to search some more.. Never found it. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

It was inked with my name and of course my ace from hole 4 @ tuskawilla park in Daytona. I have a $50 cash reward out for it.. so far no call. :-(

I was even following my golden rule of never throwing a favorite disc on a risky hole.. Just never occurred to me that I needed to respect hole 13 a little more because apparently you CAN lose one on that hole. *sigh
I lost a disc on #13 two weeks ago. Though I believe extra holes have been added and this 13 is new. It is a narrow fairway with a woodline on the left and a murky ditch on the right. The basket sits up on a small hill at the back of the fairway. Midway down there is a clump of palms that jut out into the fairway on the left, have to keep the flight on the center to right of the fairway to make it to the hole.

A bit of a late release on my part and a Champ Blizzard Beast hit a tree on the edge of the ditch and disappeared in the muck...I think. I don't see it on the opposite bank and no evidence of it disturbing the scum on the water surface. Likely gone forever. I rarely used that disc anyways but it still sucks.