View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
I somewhat agree with making the baskets smaller and limiting the # of discs you may carry for sanctioned tournaments but I think this would have to be a gradual and experimental process initially to ensure errors are corrected prior to full implementation. I think it would benefit more people and the sport than expected with more private and pay to play courses (wishful thinking but $20 or more per day and ensure all funds are put back into the course with a couple of $'s from each round going into a reserve fund to apply to added cash for sanctioned tournaments held on the properties) with par 4s and par 5s similar to the WR Jackson, Stoney Hill and others. I think it would be impossible for Pros to make up the prize money for PDGA events without some help from am registrations and sponsors donating significant funds. Sponsors in other sports like traditional golf (PGA Tour but not mini-tours, European Tour, LPGA, etc.) and professional surfing provide the funds for payouts and they normally are significant. Most PGA Tour players in the top 125 and top 44 of the ASP tour have sponsors that pay entry fees as well that are much more than $80 - $100 and Tiger, Mickelson, Ishikawa and others sometimes get appearance fees of > $1 million to play one event. I could care less if the metric system is used or not and I could care less if jump putts are allowed or not allowed because 95% of ams I have played with that jump putt are terrible at it.