View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
So many unknown variables on this hole that can only be solved by actually being there. How much of a ceiling to we have to play with in case we want to hyzerbomb something around the corner? Is it this narrow the whole way to the basket? Are there additional turns?

Straight up, never playing it before, I guess I go with a Warden or a Cobra and treat it like an approach shot, staying in the fairway until I feel like I can finally gun a shot at the basket. It also depends how I am playing that day and how the competition is playing.

It's not a sharp left turn but pretty gradual initially that flattens out. Hyzer bombing is not really an option unless you want to hyzer out into the thick rough on the left. There are small trees/bushes immediately around the tee area that prevent any steep hyzers off the tee, only forward penetrating shots.

This is one of the harder holes on the course and also one of my favorites.

I like to throw a seasoned Roc off the tee on a hyzer angle to let it slowly flip up and land flat way down the fairway. Then depending on where it lands I will either throw a mid straight at the basket (low ceiling+uphill approach means I have to throw something faster) or if my straight line is blocked I will try to attack the green by going over the top.