View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I'd probably be more inclined to enter a tournament held specifically for the purpose of raising funds for the charity... don't ask me why, I just would.
I too would play in a tournament to benefit Alzheimer's research, one of the local animal shelters, or some other cause I care about. However I doubt I would pay extra for discs that are not likely to be molds I throw in colors/weights I want.

Discs are such a personal thing that you're likely to be left with a bunch of undesirable colors and/or weights. Combine that with the fact that you've already reduced your consumer base by marking up discs to support a cause that you care about, but the consumer may/may not. The only way to have this be effective would be to not mark up your price and take the hit in your profit margin. Given that there is a 100% markup on most discs there should be room to do this, but not if you're concerned about making a profit on top of contributing to your cause. When you look at it this way it seems like a tournament would be the way to go. I'd play in a tourney for a cause I didn't care much about if I liked the format, but I probably wouldn't pay extra for a disc, regardless of the stamp if I didn't support the cause.