View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Bastage View Post
Thanks.

I have never dyed before and am not sure which colors to request. I am hoping to see a few more dyes on this thread (with and without the prochemical carrier and synthrapol) before deciding what to do.

Do the sample colors they show correlate in any way to what I would get on a white disc (I was going to ask this on the newbie thread but since I am here...)?

The worm dye looks great. Exactly what I would want but I have a Legacy Trails stamped Icon Rival from moose-msd and I do not want to mess up the stamp. I do not suppose there is any worm dye without acetone is there?
Do the sample colors they show correlate in any way to what I would get on a white disc? Yes and no. They give an idea but plastic can be very unpredictable depending on the type, blend, time left soaking, etc.

I do not suppose there is any worm dye without acetone is there? None that I know of and yes it would definitely mess up the stamp.

Just to drop the names of some colors I like best so far from them, I would say Fuschia, Bright green, fluorescent yellow, Aqua blue, Violet, Turquoise...Others work well too. Only one I would say dont waste your time with is their Bright Pink. Its very pastel and doesnt mix easily like the other disperse dyes. Think it requires acetone or alcohol just to break it down to a decent mixture too. Fuschia is my favorite so far by them I would say though. Almost like a hot pink. You might be able to pull a hot pink off by mixing a tad of their Fluorescent yellow with the fuschia Worked pretty good for me.