Thread: DGCR Aces 2014
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Keeper of the White Squirrels

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
I went out tonight to throw a quick round before dark and saw 2 kids throwing discs at a handicap sign. Instead of reprimanding them, I asked them if they knew how to play. They said they didn't, so I offered to show them. Playing through, having a really good round with only 1 stroke off of a near perfect round, when I got to hole 7 at The Wilds. It's only 165', but one of the most technically difficult holes on the course. The basket is tucked about 10' past a building that sits directly between the tee and the basket. Woods along the left side mandate a big hyzer route. Immediately behind the basket is a steep dropoff into the creek. I've hit the basket here a couple times, but it usually bounces off and goes down that embankment... So I pulled out my Glo Z Zone tonight and tossed it up there. I didn't hear any chains, but heard the clang of the basket, so I assumed I hit the cage and fell off. One of the kids ran up and yelled "It's in the basket!" I thought he was pulling my leg, but I ran up there and sure enough, no chains, just pure bottom of the basket goodness! That makes 3 aces, 3 days in a row, and this one probably got my 2 witnesses hooked on the sport! That's a good day right there!