View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Steeze, you're in the know...any lightweight discs being shipped out for the Trilogy Challenge? They are running a Juniors only TC here that my daughter is signed up for. A heavy mid and putter will be fine, but she prefers lighter drivers...
I haven't really asked anyone but it seems like finding anything under 170g is rare. I guess if it's juniors only though they'll all be dealing with the same weight limitations and none would be at an advantage they wouldn't already have. You might take her early and try to get her the lightest thief they have and then spend some time with her practicing with it before the round if you can. A little more height and flat or anny on the throw might negate a few extra grams from what she is used to throwing. It's not sanctioned either....I don't know how much you want to worry about it but in my opinion removing the flashing before she starts is perfectly acceptable. Anyone can do the same thing. Might straighten out the flight a little and it is flashing that's perfectly within PDGA guidelines anyway.