View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 368
Throwing Style: LHBH
Seeing this hole on the front page made my heart immediately go pity-thump this morning when I saw it this AM. It is my favorite hole on my favorite course! When the creek is running it just does not get any better beauty-wise, and challenge-wise.....especially for me, a LHBH thrower who maxes out my Roc at about 275'.

It presents me with perfect risk/reward. It is too short not to go for it, but has plenty of punishment for not executing to perfection. Depending on how I would be feeling in tournament play I would either go for it, of just play a safe putter-putter-putter.

To go for it I throw a beat up Pro-TL since it will hyzer-flip and then not fade, but if I nick something or outright miss the fairway, I am automatically looking at a 4 or a possible 5 (or even 6) depending on how aggressive/accurate I am on my recovery and how early in the fairway I screwed up. I LOVE that! I love big/fair punishment for my screw-ups and I love the reward/adrenaline high of overcoming that risk on a hole that matches my D.