View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah, what Monocacy and jdggna said is how I feel.

If you really want to be FH savvy, then a slower driver like an Eagle will better suit you to reinforce good habits, but if you're only going to FH occasionally when the shot calls for it like I do, I think a Starfire works well b/c it's not too fast and overstable that you can throw it like a complete torque monkey but it is fast and stable enough that if you accidentally turn it over it'll still fade back. Generally, the flatter the more overstable I've noticed for Starfires. I like them in Star, never thrown Champ, I just like Star's grip a little better.

I think a River and definitely a Fuse will benefit you. Mids and putters are better for working on form basically b/c they're slower and require more snap and spin to fly true, drivers can be strong-armed easier which is a no-no. A slow, understable driver like a River or Leo is definitely worth tossing in the field though b/c you can work on annys, turnovers, and hyzer flip lines and learn to control nose angle b/c mids and putters don't mind being thrown nose up as drivers do.

An Avenger SS would overlap with a River or Leo for you right now.