Thread: My Bizzzzzag
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Ok, here's why I like fwy drivers.

- Distance jumps from mids to drivers. I max out mids at 315'. I max drivers at 420'. Fwy drivers I have more control at 350'-380' than powering down a driver.

- Controllable distance. When I'm not in an open field/max distance situation, I prefer the PD because I follow the "use the slowest disc possible" school of DG. Past mid distance, the PD can do anhyzers, flat, flat with more fade, and hyzers very well 380'.

- Low ceiling, less skips. I find that when a big rimmed driver hits flat with steam, it skips and turns hard. I like to use a slower disc for these types of shots for that reason. (My understanding is a Surge/SS is similar to a Wraith which I have experience with)

- Comfort. Big rims give me grip issues. The PD is fast, but has a smaller rim making me feel more comfortable and (at least in my mind) giving me a more consistent release.

The last point is why I use PDs mostly for drives. I can sometimes get them up to 400' and the control/wind fighting abilities of this disc is phenomenal. I haven't found the best max distance driver for me yet (using Wraiths, but only a small distance jump over PD) so yea, that's my story.

Just like to add. A PD is a SUPER fwy driver (quote from Discspeed), you may not want a disc like a Teebird, but a PD might be right up your alley.