View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMeacham View Post
Very good points on the fairway driver. I guess I wouldn't mind a few more scenarios where you guys would use a fairway driver. For example, why wouldn't I throw a Buzz or the Surge SS flat to achieve what you are talking about? It's not that I am opposed to the idea at all, I would just love to hear where you guys find a fairway driver useful??

Thanks!
Where you ask? I will give you my ideas on where I throw my fairways on a local level for you since you are from Colo. Springs. Cottonwood Creek holes 13, 14 and 15 where you have a lower ceiling that you could certainly throw a midrange or such, but I feel it is better to throw a fairway with a little less power and thrown low enough as to not risk the branches overhead. Also hole 8, RHBH with my leopard, though sometimes use a Meteor, and thrown on a little anny line to wrap around the right hand curve. Though a midrange would certianly work as well, I don't want to have to throw a disc hard and risk hitting a tree and getting into more trouble. It seems like you are considering a fairway driver. Just give it a shot for a while. If it certainly doesn't add anything more to your game, then take it out. But worth a shot. I had the same delemia with midrange discs. For a while when I learned to throw my putters far, I would just use them on everything from 200 feet on in. I didn't see the need for a midrange. I decided to try a Buzzz and loved that and now use that all the time. Also have a Meteor that I have been having great luck with also. I kept my mind opened and by adding these discs it has helped my game more and am a better player because of it.