View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I know you say "old ball field" but dont forget that at any time someone else might decide to reistate the use of said fields . . . if they are actually already not in use. You better consider that as part of your design or you will be scrambling down the road to alter it. Odds are the ball field will be used again sometime. I think someone inferred these baseball fields are "out of play".

EDIT: I am leaving this post up because I think it is often overlooked. Just because the use of the property is X one year, it might change so try and think about how things might change long term. Although this is another cirumstance where I should have read all posts before posting. I now see they plan to take down the fences and a city or county wouldnt do that unless the plans were to completely get rid of the fields.
I think this is an excellent point. And as far as the DG course goes, I'd vote to keep the fences instead of the pond. To the OP, do you a say in the matter at all? In either event, good luck with the course.