View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
There we go! You guys won't be disappointed. I'm a real cheap date and I put out.
If that is the case, I can throw in 5 dollars as well.

If, IF, you are planning on playing in the marathon overnight round, you have to attend a winter camping survival seminar tonight. It is free and it is recommended people attend even if they are unsure whether they are going to play in the overnight marathon or not. If you do not go to this class (6:30-9:30pm, Monday, Jan 24th), then for sure you cannot play overnight.

The seven day forecast is predicting that night to be a decent night for winter. Obviously things change and you cannot trust the forecast more than two days out, but I am hopefuly considering the weather we have been having the last week. Last year's weather was fantastic so I am hoping for a repeat.

I tee off at noon on Saturday since it is a flex start, finish around 3pm, heading to a local restaraunt to warm up and tape lights to my night discs, tee off for the marathon around 6pm (unless Char wants us there earlier), play until I drop, and then tee off for the Sunday round at 9am.

While it may make it slow going, I love playing in bigger groups. Obviously having more spotters and those who can kick up snow where they think a disc landed definitely helps, but I find the company of a lot of people who know how to have a good time essential for having fun.