Thread: Thumber Tips
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sloppy....I am doing exactly what you said not to do. I came in 3rd out of 7 ADV WOM at Mooky's Cup this past weekend @ Johnson Street Course. The two girls that beat me had thumbers from hell. I never throw it during practice rounds and for whatever reason, I expect it to work during PDGA's. Mine suxed

I threw it during practice yesterday and today and I can definitely tell physically that I haven't worked those muscles much. I iced after my round today to ward off any ill effects. I have Carolina Clash and Dogwood Crosstown coming up. I need this thumber to be ready, and there's really no downtime for me.

Thanks for your advice, I will gradually work into game during practice rounds and try to snap my thumb on release.

Schwebbie saw me throw one thumber and he liked it, it hit a few little branches and slowed down but got me out of jam on 7. He said I should use it off the tee at 7 (Zeb) so I can land safely for a par on that hole.

I might bug him next time I get to play on his card. He was playing for a good bit of cash so I didn't want to interrupt his train of thought. Although, if the 18 the rest of my group carded on Hole 9 didn't distract him, probably nothing would!