Thread: Thumber Tips
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Now looka here sister, I grip thumbers a little different. I extend the index and middle finger out on the bottom of the flight plate as if I were kinda throwing a baseball(or my inverted FH grip), which gives me a more comfortable grip and more angle control over the disc. Just make sure your thumb is comfortable and has good control/pressure and the disc can pivot. I think 300' OH might be pushing it for you though. OH shots can be rough on the shoulder especially when not done properly. I used to pitch and try to limit my OH shots to only when its the best option. I don't even practice them anymore, but I'm totally comfortable with them and they are very predictable shots.

Coda throws a nice thumber, its labeled as tomahawk, but I think its a thumber, looks like flight plate is outside his body. Anyways tommy and thumber are very similar in technique. Look how vertical his shoulders are and his foot pivot:
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.