View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
No I didn't try a magic. Silly boy, but as for the Roc being fine for an overstable mid... I've found this. I usually run a beat Comet (most understable disc) Z Comet (stable), fleshy KC Roc (stable, hyzers a touch better), Beat DX Roc (stable to overstable), and a flat top DX Roc (overstable) and what I have found is that due to wind they all get kicked down a notch in stability so the fleshy comet becomes unusable, the Z become very understable, the KC very understable, and so forth. The prob is I need something that won't bounce around in the wind and still hyzer out. Enter discs like the Gator, Blaze and Demon, Horney. Which I will try out, and is why I kinda just want to grind down to Rocs only and 0/1 comet.

starting to add drivers now actually. Stalker and a Leo. I'm not worried about hyzering everything for two reasons, I've learned decent enough form. And because they're slower fairway drivers they won't be as touchy as faster ones.

Wait. The Gator, Blaze and Demon are horney?

LMAO Been waiting for someone to hit a "Y" on their keyboard instead of "T". Mesohorny for Hornet.

Of those discs, the Hornet is just a touch more OS than a new KC Roc while the others are probably more noticeably so. I've been actually thinking about pairing a Roc or something with my Hornet to where I could do a stage of ware deal, but I'm not big on that Roc Lip so I don't know. I just know Im becoming less and less a fan of discs that are under-stable out of the box.