View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 129
Throwing Style: RHBH
a buzzz is not overstable in D or X by any means and are great for beginners.
the right dx roc is good for beginners but if they get one of those overstable beauties then its bad.
notice he says slightly overstable. you want a beginner to be able to work a mid in all conditions. midranges teach disc golf fundamentals quickly. garublador mentions all "neutral" mids imo. to sit there and list them would be unnecessary.

@Graublador
I see your point but i still disagree. if you're more concerned with them using the putter for upshots and drives doesn't that go against the "drive for show, putt for dough" mentality? i would think you want the focus on putting over upshots with the putter. a midrange is better for that early on anyway. straight putters also fly very consistent in wind if you have good putting form. Just like you i live in wind country. im a good putter and i use a pure up to about 15-20mph without loss of accuracy or change in putt. i learned with and P&A, and used that while i lived in Iowa.
p.s. the aviar p&a and magnet have a small bead as well. still straight and glidy just like the omega