Thread: [MVP] MVP Axis
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRaph View Post
Give the Fuse a shot. Really a good disc. I personally like the Gold Line plastic.

Back on topic: I'm excited to throw one of these things. I haven't given the Ion enough chance to make my bag, but I'm a fan of the Vector. And I'll try any disc that comes out of the Mighty MidWest!
Already gave the Fuse a shot in Gold Line. I could not dial it in for underpowered shots. I had some good long distance turn overs and some nice flips, but at that point it was basically acting like a glorified fairway driver. The Meteor is far better when needing precision when powered down.

If going with an all Lat bag, the Fuse and Pain are a dynamic punch, but in a mixed bag where I am trying not to use niche discs, I have better choices.

Back to MVP, I feel the same way with the Ion. I could never get it to work as a putter. I have had some great practice putts with it at home where there is no pressure to make the putts, but when I use it in actual rounds it is less than stellar. Yet I find that it approaches and makes runs at the basket extremely well, especially the 50-100 foot range. Only my X-Link Ridge flies better for these shots, but since both discs would be niche discs for me, they did not make the final cut. I use a SSS Wizard for long approaches and runs because it is no slouch either and I can make a few putts with it.

While I am satisfied with the Meteor, I would not call its spot solidified. That spot needs to be a mid that when powered down can hold a hyzer without fading hard and doing so so I can concentrate on the point of release. I could power up a putter, but then I run the risk of trying too hard to hit its line without flipping the putter. This mid also needs to take some power, flip, and turn, but do so without being fliptastic and burning into a roller. The Meteor does this well, but if the Axis flies the same, I will definitely give it a try.

Approaching is the best part of my game, and knowing this gives me more confidence in my driving, which then in theory gives me more birdie opportunities. I am pretty finicky about my mids and what they need to do.