View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrain View Post
Great video. I always love seeing people bomb putters. After seeing that, I think I need to work on driving with putters. Mike, How are you gripping the ion? Are you using the power grip?
Mike, wonder if you can show pictures of your grips on Ion for driving (backhand and forehand)? I am curious.

Blake T says the key is tight grip (as much as possible) in order to generate strong snap. Blake says my grip kept slipping and I need to have stronger grip. So that is why I been doing hammer drill for several months now. I notice my grip is tighter than before but still ways to go.

I use backhand power grip on Ion for driving and my index finger tip did not touch the bottom of disc while rest of my finger's tips do touch the bottom of grip. That is because the first joint of index finger rest on the bottom of the rim. Should I adjust this power grip so that tip of my index finger touch at the bottom of disc which means first joint of index finger would be inside the rim rather than right on bottom of the rim (or edge).

Nikko's driving grip is interesting. I notice more parts of his hand is on top of disc more than most other players.

I use fan grip for putting or controlled approach shots.