View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 25
Excellent feedback, all...

I had played 2 discs for a while (driver, putter) but then found out about straight-flying mids. Great advice about a heavier mid.
As for the driver... I've been working hard on my power grip RHBH even thought I always threw exclusively RHFH for the longest time. I'm humble enough to admit that the 170s sometimes feel too heavy for me, and it is evidenced when I sometimes throw my 150g Beast further than my Avenger (though not near as accurate). I don't have either a mid or a driver in the 160s. Maybe it's time for my first valk. Would that be a good alternative driver to have (say if I convince myself to carry 4 instead of 3)?

RockBuddist, when you talked about right hooking understable drivers, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you referring to a good distance disc that you can throw Anhyzer with good results? If I'm wrong, let me know.

Lastly, some of you referred to my throw style FH or BH. I'm getting the vibe that a heavier disc isn't all that bad if you can get good FH distance... so is a slightly lighter BH a better choice for beginners?

Thanks so much!