#601  
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,926
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Low by a couple inches...
  #602  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM
NOStheBOSS's Avatar
NOStheBOSS NOStheBOSS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 53
Posts: 1,485
Now that MVP is starting to get on the map and has 3 solid choices, have you guys thought about doing a special for getting a package of all 3? Like maybe 30-35 for an ion, axis, and vector? I'd really like to try them and a deal like that would probably push me over the edge
  #603  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Longliveguitar's Avatar
Longliveguitar Longliveguitar is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Searcy, Arkansas
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 641
Got my second ace ever yesterday, with my 174 Medium Ion
  #604  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:43 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
Now that MVP is starting to get on the map and has 3 solid choices, have you guys thought about doing a special for getting a package of all 3? Like maybe 30-35 for an ion, axis, and vector? I'd really like to try them and a deal like that would probably push me over the edge
Since MVP doesn't really retail their own discs, I don't see them putting effort into packaging to then sell their discs for less money than their retailers can (only Innova would do something like this). If anything perhaps one of the major disc retailers would do something like this(though it would still be for more $$).
  #605  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 PM
roadtripstuff's Avatar
roadtripstuff roadtripstuff is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,252
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Since MVP doesn't really retail their own discs, I don't see them putting effort into packaging to then sell their discs for less money than their retailers can (only Innova would do something like this). If anything perhaps one of the major disc retailers would do something like this(though it would still be for more $$).
Yeah heaven forbid a company put together a pack for beginners. I love MVP, throw the ion and vector and just ordered the axis, but your homer attitude is starting to get a little annoying. If you think it's a great product fine, I'm mean it is, but why do you feel like you have to trash talk other companies to make your sponsor look good. If it wasn't for Innova and Discraft this sport wouldn't have grown as much as it has and your precious MVP wouldn't even be making discs.
  #606  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM
DeadEye's Avatar
DeadEye DeadEye is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the course
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Since MVP doesn't really retail their own discs, I don't see them putting effort into packaging to then sell their discs for less money than their retailers can (only Innova would do something like this). If anything perhaps one of the major disc retailers would do something like this(though it would still be for more $$).
Gateway does it. Pretty sure NOS is referring to the Gateway Direct Package Deals that people started taking advantage of through e-bay or e-mails. I bought two of the package deals, great price and just what I asked for. MVP is the same, it's just that you have to buy 32 discs instead of a small package.
  #607  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripstuff View Post
Yeah heaven forbid a company put together a pack for beginners. I love MVP, throw the ion and vector and just ordered the axis, but your homer attitude is starting to get a little annoying. If you think it's a great product fine, I'm mean it is, but why do you feel like you have to trash talk other companies to make your sponsor look good. If it wasn't for Innova and Discraft this sport wouldn't have grown as much as it has and your precious MVP wouldn't even be making discs.

You obviously aren't in retail, where Innova sells stuff they don't offer you directly through their factory store, DGV, etc, and directly competes with you. This is bad business in my opinion...Am I not allowed to have an opinion? I don't start threads (ok, I started one on DGR, but that's it) bashing other brands, but I do add little quips to my post because these are things that the general buying public are largely unaware of, but retailers have to deal with. I'm not making this stuff up to make anyone look good or bad, it's just the way it is. Not saying anything on my part would be suppressing something to make Innova look good, and I'm not going to do that.
  #608  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Yankeecock Yankeecock is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 57
Does anybody know if the ions had a first run...I have a vector first run and it says it on it but I have two ions that I bought from a local store when they first came out but it doesn't say first run on them...also if I have the early runs can anybody tell me if the newer ones are better...I have a soft 175 and I use it for putting cause when I drive with it it flips over but I also have a medium 174 that holds a straight line just how I want it too and I'm wondering if the new lines are like my medium or is it just the difference between the hard and soft plastic that allows it to hold the lines better
  #609  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
cmrichar's Avatar
cmrichar cmrichar is offline
.:MVP Company Rep:.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeecock View Post
Does anybody know if the ions had a first run...I have a vector first run and it says it on it but I have two ions that I bought from a local store when they first came out but it doesn't say first run on them...also if I have the early runs can anybody tell me if the newer ones are better...I have a soft 175 and I use it for putting cause when I drive with it it flips over but I also have a medium 174 that holds a straight line just how I want it too and I'm wondering if the new lines are like my medium or is it just the difference between the hard and soft plastic that allows it to hold the lines better
The Ions did have a first run. They are the only Ions that had a red overmold and a blue center. They were all blank at that time. If you are in question with your more recent runs, the underside engraving/texturing would indicate that they are all the runs previous to our newest ones. The only difference with the newer ones was polishing out the texture/engraving on the underside and the addition of the clean laser engraving on the overmold similar to that of all our other discs. Also, the newest ones are in the clear color Proton plastic as the previous ones were using opaque colorants in the same Proton plastic.
 

  #610  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,186
The very first runs of Ions were soft, blue with red rims, and weighed in the 160s.

Better is relative. I haven't thrown the transparent Ions yet but they're supposed to be the most HSS of the bunch. Really, the only Ions that are close to flippy were the old runs with the misaligned overmold that sits too low on the bead in some places.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.