Disc Golf Store
Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
I am dropping the TeeBirds...

What do you guys think about Lat64 Rivers? I really like the disc when there is little to no wind. I can get more D than the Gazelles with it and I have gor pretty cofortable throwing them. They really suck in the wind and I lose consistency. I am wondering if you think it is worth it to have one in the bag?

I threw a 400'+ shot with my Avenger SS on the 31st and I am really liking that disc alot. I throw Hyzer flips, slight turnovers and anhyzers with it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Any thoughts on the River???^
Old 01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Rivers are pretty effortless distance when the wind is kind. My 170 Opto kind of broke in a bit squirrely so I don't really like it for line-shaping per se but wide open spaces they're great. I'd have to supplement it with something that will hold a hyzer like a Striker or OLF or something.

Thanks for the pics E-rock.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Rivers are pretty effortless distance when the wind is kind. My 170 Opto kind of broke in a bit squirrely so I don't really like it for line-shaping per se but wide open spaces they're great. I'd have to supplement it with something that will hold a hyzer like a Striker or OLF or something.

Thanks for the pics E-rock.
I hear ya. I really like the disc somedays and hate it others. I have 3 gl's right now but IDK if it will make the bag. I will throw them more this spring to find out. At this point I don't think they will. On a good day I can get an easy extra 50' with a river compaired to my Gazelle's but is it worth it to cary one just for one or two shots a round?

No problem on the pic's BroD. I think I am going to do some FH form video's this year because I can't find much in the way of vids for FH and I think my FH has come a long way. I am by no means great but I think I could help some newer FH players with some of the things I have learned.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 38
if you dont like the rivers let me know ... for some reason i have been testing molds to replace my rivers but nothing seems to be able to get the job done lol ... still havent had a chance to throw an opto but i love the GL .. super glide .. oh but yeah i pair it with various teebirds
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
if you dont like the rivers let me know ... for some reason i have been testing molds to replace my rivers but nothing seems to be able to get the job done lol ... still havent had a chance to throw an opto but i love the GL .. super glide
I love the glide too. I have a Lat64 only bag going so I will keep them for a while, but I will let you know if I want to get rid of them.

Here is my Lat64 Bag...

172 Opto Flow
172 GL Bolt
172 GL Striker
3 172 GL Rivers different wear/stabilities
2 170 Opto Visions
172 Opto Core
2 172 Opto Fuse
2 172 zero Pures for putting and driving
172 zero Spike for drives
172 Grip Spike for drives
Old 01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
On a good day I can get an easy extra 50' with a river compaired to my Gazelle's but is it worth it to cary one just for one or two shots a round?
Ultimately, I decided it was not. I only really liked them in a max D capacity and it is a pain in the arse trying to find 160s Rivers, which is the weight I'd want for max D.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Ultimately, I decided it was not. I only really liked them in a max D capacity and it is a pain in the arse trying to find 160s Rivers, which is the weight I'd want for max D.
The weight thing is a big problem for me too. I want a 165g but good luck finding one. I have tried to trade one I have for a lighter one but it has been a no go. I don't think it will make the bag I just wanted to hear what others thought.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rock25 View Post
172 Opto Flow
172 GL Bolt
172 GL Striker
3 172 GL Rivers different wear/stabilities
2 170 Opto Visions
172 Opto Core
2 172 Opto Fuse
2 172 zero Pures for putting and driving
172 zero Spike for drives
172 Grip Spike for drives
Damn near everything is stable/understable. 3 Rivers, 2 Visions, and 2 Fuses seems a bit much...

Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEpoo View Post
Damn near everything is stable/understable. 3 Rivers, 2 Visions, and 2 Fuses seems a bit much...
I love understable disc's... The Rivers are stable, Visions are understable for the fairway slot... Fuses I like but really don't need because I have the spikes.

I don't play with this bag much I just thought I should see what all the hype was about. This is not my normal bag by any means. I put it together to test out the Lat64 stuff. None of it has mad my real bag. The only three that I though about were the Rivers, Pures & Spikes