Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am really feeling some Vibram love... I bought a Ridge med. and its awesome.. I really improved my approach because this thing will sit on the dirt and rocks... Then its always money in the chains!! It improved my confidence in putting, and that increased my distance.. I also got the Sole, I like it when I want a little glide to the pin with less wind... I liked these so much I just ordered a Accent.. I hope its not to stable/OS for me I needed some thing for some wind, but at my age and shoulder problems I hope I can get it to stand up... I wish I had got the Trak also and will be shopping for one of those as well....
PS: Hey Steve.....Vibram should consider making Dog disc.. These things are bite proof, I'm training a new pup to play DG with me as well as a competition Disc dog... so some times he likes to chase and I hate to tell him "no" at this stage of training... He has never damaged my Ridge yet... Our disc dog club goes through about 500 disc as year. There are lots of DD clubs out there world wide and only 2 company's that make good dog disc ... We need more great manufactures/sponsor's in the Disc Dog sport also
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
They already make a dog disc. Google it.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Par Member

right on I have seen those before!! I was referring to disc that are competition approved, they have to have a Fastback/Hero type flight plate/design, and weight in some distance competitions... Their K9 link is not working from their home page right now. I may have missed some new design's.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
* Ace Member *

there is no PDGA dog approved disc.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Par Member

LOL... My dog catches my PDGA approved disc very well.... its got his approval I am talking of a Vibram disc that meets disc requirements for use in USDDC, Skyhoundz, UFO, and Ashely Whippet disc dog competitions... Yeah.... its a little off subject but, that's just my enthusiasm for deciding to try the Vibram DG line up . I bought 4 new disc today 2 Trak's, a Ascent, and a VP.. I want to throw Vibram Fastbacks for disc dog competitions also
Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 1
I will look into the competitive dog disc stuff. Thanks for the lead. X-Link might provide some significant cost savings over the long run.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
I will look into the competitive dog disc stuff. Thanks for the lead. X-Link might provide some significant cost savings over the long run.
Great, since I have all the other x-link discs, looks like now I gotta get a dog!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
there is no PDGA dog approved disc.
Wrong - Hero discs makes dog discs that are PDGA approved Superclass discs - Hero 235 to be exact.

You can always find PDGA approved disc s at the link on the PDGA website. and Chuck usually lists all the new ones that come out in between updates so you'll always know what is PDGA legal to use on the course if you want to know.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith johnson View Post
Wrong - Hero discs makes dog discs that are PDGA approved Superclass discs - Hero 235 to be exact.

You can always find PDGA approved disc s at the link on the PDGA website. and Chuck usually lists all the new ones that come out in between updates so you'll always know what is PDGA legal to use on the course if you want to know.

way to be right there bub.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 1
Hey Keith, while you are here. I was looking at the Hero website and the word durability is big and bold on their dog discs. Clearly durability is important on the dog side of discs too. Are their dog disc materials significantly different than the Innova/Hero plastics, making them durable?
Closed Thread